Since I’m focusing on the Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 on FamilySearch, I thought today I’d take a look at the cause of death for Conneautville-related people. To run a cause of death report in Family Tree Maker:
- Go to Publish.
- Under person reports, select Custom Report.
- From there, select “All individuals” under “Individuals to Include.”
- Press the “Items to include” button.
- It’s up to you what you want to include in your report, but I removed Birth Date and Death Date.
- Press the blue + button to add Cause of Death.
- Hit OK.
- To save it to then manipulate it in Excel, right click on the report and select “Export to CSV.”
From that report, I can see I have 1748 causes of death so far. Of the 68 accidental deaths, there was 20 auto accidents, 9 train-related deaths, and one wagon accident. There were 6 drownings, 2 electrocutions, 3 accidental poisonings, and four fires. By far, people died from cardiovascular or cerebral incidents. I’ll write up a more thorough review later.